Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Caring Peers

It's always good if you can rely on your peers. This week it already happened twice.

About a month ago, we achieved a major milestone in a project that started back in 1999 - we passed the final acceptance test for the first and second of class. Project management promised a smashing party (disguised as an apéro), but since then we did not hear of anything. Yesterday after a meeting, my colleague Hugo put two bottles of Gewürztraminer on the table and we made a toast to ourselves.



In the meeting, it came to light that I might not be able to go to the South-Tyrol for the grape harvest. This would be the second trip to this place in this year that flopped. My colleague Sämi showed some sympathy by bringing me a DVD with South-Tyrol documentaries. How sweet is that.



There are some other work related news:
  • I've been offered a position in another department. Shall I stay or should I go? I'm supposed to decide fast.
  • They have put a salesman into my office. I already envy his world time clock. Do you see the dial for the seconds? It's a plane continuously flying around the world. Kitsch always prevails.


Not to forget, the Swimming Update: there was vapour above the water surface today. Not because the water temperature was so high, far from it, the ambient temperature dropped further.

5 comments:

Toño said...

Congratulations!

Sometimes it pays out to patiently wait. You have only to be aware when your chance arrives and then not to miss it.

Toño said...

I just realize that your beautiful plant in your office is blossoming. How nice :)

Unknown said...

Now where is south Tirol? Maybe I should look it up...

The pics are lovely, really I like them. I just got a new lense minutes ago so I'm off to try some cool stuff too. :)

Transferring depts, well weigh the pros and cons, which one is higher, more exciting etc.. Do you want or work well with change? all suggestions to help you...

Mike said...

I like that clock too. It's really cool.

Rob7534 said...

Can you still swim if there is mist above the pool? The life guards can't see you then!

On the job change, good luck with that... sometimes new duties can be a good way to keep a good job interesting. Good luck on that!