Friday, October 27, 2006

giveawine.com to me

Yesterday, a new web-service was launched called giveawine.com. Finally something really useful on this thing called internet. Why? Because you can send me some wine!


Let me explain. I know there are many people out there desperate to send me some really good wine. But to do this is very tedious. Wine has to be packed and handled with extreme care and customs is just a nightmare.

giveawine.com helps by cooperating with local wine shops. You enter the country and the recipient's place of residence and you get the wines on stock at that place. Select one or more, fill out a greeting card, pay and off goes the present without any hassle.

So far (i.e. since yesterday), this service is available for Switzerland. It's supposed to go international quite soon. But that is no problem for me, because I live in Switzerland! Just ask for the shipping details via gomad.ch@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Toño said...

Well, let me surprise you...

Michael Lehet said...

Gomad - I'd love to send you some whine, but I can't read German to fill out the appropriate fields...I'm afraid I may order you a Zinfandel instead of a Chianti!

Ryan said...

ill make sure 2 tell my mom she drinks wine!

Unknown said...

wow - this is very cool! I'll have to check this out and show P!

And no it wasn't luck on where I was living in Switzerland. I first started off in Geneva 2 wks followed by nearby Lenzburg for about 2 months and then to Switzerland. Had a boyfriend in Schwyz so I was over there lots. And then I went off to Basel... And I've been fortunate to bike all over Switzerland and have travelled everywhere but St. Moritz. so... you decide. ;-)