Sunday, February 21, 2010

Catching a Glimpse of Spring

Sometimes changes are a bit too steep. Only last Friday, I was wading through snow in North Jutland, and today we already enjoyed our first balcony lunch of the year in short sleeves and shorts (6.3°C/43.3°F, blaring sunshine).



And yes, we have already some disagreement on this year's planting scheme, although there are still 3 months to go until the Icy Saints, which usually mark planting season.

And yes, there is also a bit sorrow, when I think of all the books I'd planned to read during the long and cold winter nights. But I should not count the chickens before they are hatched. Snow might come back any time.

2 comments:

Mickle in NZ said...

6.3C would be a cold Winter's day here.

Word veri = Sunba

Village Boy said...

wow, looks really nice :)
tbh I am kinda jealous... Here the snow only turned into rain and it's grey and cold.
However, it's great that you can enjoy the weather with a nice lunch and a loved one!