Sunday, February 07, 2010

Swisscom is synonym for lacy bunch of liars

In November last year, I decided to go 3G on my mobile service and to get rid of my landline. I went to a shop of my (not so) service provider Swisscom to get my questions answered and the transition processes rolling. One of my questions was if I could keep my email address if I went forward with these changes. The shop girls answer: Yes, you can keep it forever. I should had recorded this. The question was particularly important to me since this is my main a-side email address.

A few days later, one could not reach me over my landline any more, although I had to pay for further two months. I didn't mind, since I did hardly used it anyway and did not complain. However, when the landline service finally and officially run out, the email account was blocked immediately too.

On the same day, I went to their webpage, and filled the appropriate form to complain. I got an acknowledgement of receipt and since then absolutely nada.

By the way, it took Swisscom more than three weeks to swap my mobile service to 3G.

To look a bit on the bright side of my Swisscom experience, this is the landline hardware I got rid of:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of people are changing for sure. Our costs are higher here so we keep our land line for relatives. I use my mobile for everyone else though.... I'd gladly take the 3G though!

Mickle in NZ said...

Our inglorious Telecom NZ had a very embarassing time last week when their 3G network crashed, affecting 2/3rds of the country. Those in the south were with service for 2 to 3 days.

A couple of weeks back contractors working a few streets away cut through the landline supplying my place and several hundred other homes. Yes - contractors employed by Telecom!!!

(No, I don't use this company for long distant calls or my broadband)