Monday, April 04, 2005

Pleasant Anticipation

Some weeks ago, Gatín and I had the pleasure to enjoy one of Christine's dinner invitations. Christine is both a wonderful host and a first-rate cook. Gatín brought along a bottle of Viña Satre Pago de Santa Cruz, Tinto Cosecha, 1998. Bodegas Hnos. Sastre, Ribera del Duero. Obviously, Christine has found the right occasion to open the bottle. We've received the following note:
I think I've never had such a good one in my life!
The Viña Satre Pago de Santa Cruz consists to 100% of Tinto Fino. The vines have an average age of 58 years. The vine had been maturated in American and French barrels for 16 months and its characteristics are amazing: deep purple colour, alluring nose of yellow peaches, cherries, cassis, blackberries; a palate full of spicy-fruity aromas, wholehearted and substantial; soft and skillfully integrated tannins.

Christine's bottle is gone. Lucky me, I still have mine on the shelf and I'm looking forward to the right occasion to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Espero estar en esa ocasión muy cerca de tí...