Friday, April 01, 2005

Wisdom of a Haircut

My colleague Eberhard just shared some wisdom with me. This exchange of sageness happened, because Eberhard is sporting a spanking new haircut:
  1. A fresh haircut makes one feel better.
  2. Long hair makes one depressive, because the excess of hair is so heavy.
I'm not going to question Eberhard's eloquent astuteness. However, there are a couple of unanswered questions, because Eberhard's action did not fully comply with his well founded reputation to be an unshakeable skinflint:
  1. Why does Eberhard abandon a day's wage in order to get a bargain haircut in Germany for 15 Euro? (see opportunity cost)
  2. Why does Eberhard has to pay for a haircut, when his Lebensabschnittspartnerin (German for "significant other for a period of one's life") works as a hairdresser, lives in his house and does not pay a cent of rent? (see marginalism and homo economicus)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though my sister is a hair dresser (and being unemployed could do with some work actually), I prefer going to Valentino as it's more convenient from where I work - and of course the hair dressers there look fantastic ;-). Moreover if I am not satisfied with the result I can just dump my current girl in charge and chose a different one.

Ms Mac said...

I grew up with my Mum as a hairdresser and didn't ever go to hairdresser until I was 20. Now I hate going to the hairdresses, hate the whole experiance. I prefer to cut my own hair as I have never found a hairdresser either skilled or willing enough to tackle my extreme curl. But that's all about me.

Re Eberhard, you do bring up some very interesting points. Have you asked him?