Friday, April 29, 2005

Vocation

Yesterday evening, my brother called to ask if I could spare tomorrow to help him plant gherkins on his farm. Unfortunately I can't, because this Saturday will be devoted to vocation - not mine, though.

Early morning (10:30 is early on a Saturday) it starts with wine - that is, whether wine is much more than a job. I could grab a couple of tickets for a free preview of Mondovino. This French documentary by Jonathan Nossiter is supposed to be an entertaining examination of the impact of globalization upon the international wine industry. The critics are not totally enthusiastic but
  • I'm interested,
  • Tigresa will be at my side,
  • it's free &
  • with an apéritif afterwards.
After that, I've to rush to Kiesen Castle between Bern and Thun. The new book Work with Wood about the art of sculptor Urs Twellmann will be presented to the public. It also an occasion to meet friends, with whom I've travelled in Siberia. On one of those trips to Oymyakon, Urs Twellmann was our expedition artist. These is one of the pictures he took:

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Gherkins or Tigresa and free drinks & a movie.
Tough choice!

Ms Mac said...

I forgot to say Enjoy!

Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

Mr. Urs said...

Gherkins are a variety of small, dark green cucumbers grown especially to make pickles. Gherkins are typically sold packed in pickling brine. The French version of gherkins is cornichons.