Friday, June 16, 2006

Coming Clean

...or how pink Martini got me on an Ambulance.

We've decided to follow the invitation of an old friend of mine and behave far younger than we are. In a fortnight, we will go to the Openair St. Gallen to get our share of Woodstock for the year.

I thought that I had to use this opportunity and inform Toño about a dark spot in my past, which is related to an Openair St. Gallen many many moons ago.

The Openair St. Gallen is infamous for being rather muddy. It's always raining. Like it was in 1996, when, despite the rain, we were in a rather good mood. Of course, we had a couple of drinks. If my memory does not fail me, I had several litres of beer and almost 1½ litre of Martini, when, while King Changó were performing, I decided to call it a day. This was probably a tine little bit too late. Right in the middle of a really muddy area, I stopped and put myself to rest. Here stops my memory. My friend told me that he feared that I would suffocate in the mud. He asked some staff for help and they called an ambulance to get me out of there.

The weird thing was that when I finally woke up on a big plastic sheet on the floor of the first aid tent, I did not even had a hangover.


This picture was taken at the Openair St. Gallen four years ago (or six years after the incident). I publish it, although the Macs have good reasons to not like the bloke in the back anymore.

2 comments:

Michael Lehet said...

You drank yourself sober. BRAVO!

Toño said...

I thought you will tell us, that you've made a mess, but you've just fell asleep out of being desperately drunk...;)