Friday, February 10, 2006

Arousing Interest In Titles

After reading the last couple of days' Dilberts* [1,2] I can call myself lucky that my caring employer has cancelled the spring course for the IPMA certification. Somehow, I was not looking forward to it anyway. Taking a a glance at the syllabus, I discovered that they too seem to teach how to do things right - when my caring employer is lacking of doing the right things.

But there is an other opportunity that caught my attention. I could gain an Executive MBA in only one semester, because a post degree, I did some years ago, would be fully taken into account. There is no use of an MBA for my job or my ambitions. However, I can't deny that it somehow appealed to me.

Whatever, I was told today twice that "no challenge should be faced without a little charm and a lot of style". Try to put that into an MBA or IPMA certificate.

*I know, my guru detests Dilbert because "He never fights back, or he fights back by being one of those smart-asses at the water cooler [...]".

1 comment:

Toño said...

Perhaps does your employer have other courses plans for your future development in the company. And since your employer isn't strong in communicating you don't know yet about it. As we all have noticed things change suddenly.