Thursday, February 09, 2006

Coder's Block

I'm nursing a hideous cold with this...



...and this...



But somehow, this cold did not only affect my throat but also my brain. For quite some time I was looking for an algorithm that would improve the correlation of a track while scan application. I knew, what it's supposed to do but I could just not convert this into code. Last night, I was already in bed, reading some papers while Toño was running his chores, when suddenly the solution appeared to me (though, not as dramatic as the mene, mene, tekel, upharsin to Belshazzar). Nevertheless, I managed to get out of bed again to make a note:



This really did the job and solved the problem fast and elegantly with less than 30 lines. After adjusting the filter parameters, I saw that the tracking resolution and stability is now far better than I would have ever imagined.

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oh well done! I am very relieved. For we all know what happens when you don't have the correct algorithm to improve the correlation of a track while scan.

Phew!

ps. Gute Besserung!

pps. The word verification is uxdrs. Spooky!

Toño said...

It worked out! You are healthy know.