Saturday, February 11, 2006

Weekend Pleasures II

There is something special about soup and childhood memories. I like soup, but soup can be boring as hell, if it is not served as it has to be since I was a child.

First, there have to be manually broken pieces of bread in the plate:



Then the soup has to be poured over the bread:



Surprisingly, I don't like bread soup. With my method, the bread is still crunchy when you eat it. In a bread soup it's just too flabby to be enjoyable. But bread soup is not related to weekends at all - bread soup was served on Thursdays, when I was a child.

1 comment:

Toño said...

Soup and childhood! Yes, I have many memories about a vegetable soup my mother used to cook for us six children and some neighbours' kids. She knew that none of my brothers and sisters did like that delicious vegetables soup, but she knew as well that loved it. So my mother and I made a deal. At the she had served all of us the soup she used to ask me: Toño, do you like the soup? To what I used to answer her: Yes, I loved it. Afterwards all my brothers and sisters respond in almost yellowing way: me too. And the problem was solved, because they all wanted always to imitate me and because the love me much, well I feel that.